We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
"Little Gidding"
T S Eliot

Saturday 17 May 2014

Eebyâk discovered!

Once upon a time .....
No - too predictable!
It was a dark and stormy night .....
No - too Snoopy!

I went for a walk the other day when I chanced upon a strange object -



OK - that is not going to fool you!

I do like hidden surprises though, and using an old tin is a good foil as an opportunity to let fantasy take over. This is a mint tin from M&S (the same size as an Altoid tin). On the outside I gave it a good coat of gesso, then crackle glaze between two acrylic paint layers, followed by a bid of sanding and black ink.  A chipboard skull was given a coat of shiny copper paint, and a pointy finger stamped onto shrink plastic.

Shall we go inside?



Book pages as a backdrop, some stamped shrink plastic pieces, a piece of abalone shell, a Swarovski crystal, skull, penguin ..... and other random items. Decided to drop some Pebeo fantasy paint into the little bottle - it didn't react as it normally does, and took 3 days to dry - so I won't be doing that again!

I had so much fun doing this, that I'm searching out other tins now!

Do you know Eebyâk?

1 comment:

  1. I like - especially the TH man and corrigated paper shelves. I must have a go as I have plenty of tins.

    ReplyDelete